Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bittersweet

I had been looking for a fall wreath for the entry door and found this gorgeous Bittersweet wreath in Blowing Rock. I'm sorry, but I just don't like wreaths made with artificial flowers, leaves, and berries. I so love this wreath that I thought I'd research Bittersweet to see if it would be possibile to grow my own. Much to my dismay I learned American Bittersweet is becoming so rare in some areas that it is now a protected species. Oriental Bittersweet is so invasive and destructive that it will quickly engulf and kill other vegetation, including trees. It has been said to have slain many a giant. It seems if I wish to have Bittersweet I'll just have to make a trip to the mountains and buy some.
That's okay with me too!


No comments:

Post a Comment